Positivity/Optimism.. Same thing?

This morning I woke up feeling GREAT. It's hard to tell if this was me feeling optimistic about my day, or positive about it. Anywho, after a night spent with every member of our family in the same bed I awoke ready to seize the day. Sort of. 

Jacob didn't want to go to Church with me so I went alone. Still feeling positive/optimistic, I got there (late as usual) and enjoyed my hour of calm. On arriving home, I found Jacob still in his pyjamas and Tillie wondering around covered in snot. Typical. But still managing to keep some of my good vibes going I got ready to do lunch. 

And here it is..

Tomato + fennel soup.

Chop 2 fennel bulbs, 4 large tomatoes and an onion. Put them into a roasting tin with some olive oil, tsp of fennel seeds, some garlic (I use a garlic grinder all the time but it probably doesn't give quite enough flavour so maybe use REAL garlic) and some good old salt and pepper. Mix it all up together and then pop it in a 170 degree (fan, 190 if not) oven. Stir after 25 minutes. Take it out after 50.


Once the veg is all soft and squishy, blend it with 500 ml of veg stock. Ideally in an actual blender but you could give it a go with a hand one if you're feeling brave. Heat it back up on the stove, put into bowls and put a sprinkling of chilli flakes on top along with some more pepper. Voila!


As long as you can keep yourself busy for the 50 minutes the veg is in the oven then this is a super quick and easy meal! 

*Taken from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's 'Much More Veg'*

And that's the weekend over!! :(

Clearly lost some of my optimism and positivity throughout the course of the day...









Comments

Popular Posts