animal lover vs animal hoarder

Which am I?!

We have a few beings in our house: Jack, me, Jacob & Tillie. Then we have Thomas the Tortoise, Ernie the dog, Ginger, Chickoletta and Percy (don't ask) the chickens and, finally, Sunny and Stan the rabbits. We rescued Sunny a while back and she's a very unhappy bunny, so we decided to adopt another rescue bunny to try and give her some friendship. Jack wanted to build a huge hutch for them to both live in happily ever after. All well and good. Except Stan has now managed to escape twice in the 6 days we've had him. Now, Stan is HUGE. He is the size of a small dog. Which is fine. But, he is so big he can jump VERY high. The first time Stan escaped, I had gone out for the morning and put him in the run. When we got home he was sat in the veg patch looking at me. After chasing him around the garden for what felt like a life time I managed to bribe him back with a blackberry. Yesterday Stan managed to jump so high out of his hutch that he was sat on the window frame, just looking around at the outside world. This rabbit has a death wish, I am sure of it. 

Stan isn't the only pet we've had thats managed to be lost for a short while. Ernie's gone missing for short spells a few times, and I've lost Thomas in the garden once or twice too. But, when we got the chickens, we were very naive. Neither me nor Jack knew what we were doing, and I was so dumb I didn't realise chickens could even fly! So, the first day we had them, me and our neighbour John ended up spending our Sunday afternoon chasing the chickens around his garden. Not once, but twice. Pretty stressful. 

In short, I love animals, but I don't think they're quite so keen on me.

Photo by Marion Michele on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts