Lucy & yak

So I've bought my first pair of dungarees since I was approximately four years old. And I love them. I mentioned before about how I was trying not to buy new clothing and that I was doing a lot of shopping in charity shops for that reason, so I researched clothing companies that were ethical and small and/or independent. I came across Lucy & Yak. They're an independent company who's clothing is made in North India by a small tailoring company who pays their employees four times the state minimum wage. 

It took a while for me to get used to wearing something that wasn't high waisted or tight. It felt strange letting my stomach breath without being held in by jeans and it also felt odd having baggy legs rather than straight. 

Not so long ago I would have been content buying clothes from the high street without a thought to the waste it was causing or where they were made. I would have thought this way of living would be difficult and restricting but I actually find it enjoyable, and the best thing is I get to find and wear clothes that are different. 


Lucy & Yak

Comments

Popular Posts